Bylaws & Regulations
Code of Conduct & Regulations
Section 1: CODE OF CONDUCT
Objective and Purpose
The Code of Conduct has been developed to ensure a safe, friendly, and respectful place for Members (collectively in this Code of Conduct, “Members”) of the Kelowna Yacht Club ( “Club”), their guests, and the Club’s staff to gather in the spirit of cooperation, relaxation, goodwill, fun, and friendly competition.
The objective of this Code of Conduct is to ensure that all Members of the Club, their guests, and our staff are treated with dignity and respect while enjoying the Club facilities, and to promote an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, abuse, and violence for Members, their guests, and staff of the Club.
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to establish clear and acceptable behaviour expectations for the Members, guests, and staff. These expectations are set out in the Club’s Bylaws, Regulations, and, Club Policies, including this Code of Conduct.
By accepting or continuing membership in the Club, every Member is deemed and in exercising their privileges, agree that the, conduct, and responsibility for compliance by them and their guests are in accordance with the Club’s Bylaws, Regulations, Club Policies, and this Code of Conduct.
All Members and their guests shall:
- courteously conduct themselves while on Club premises and in a sportsmanlike manner during any Club competitions;
- respect the rights of other Members, their guests, and Club staff;
- respect the Club’s facilities and equipment and be responsible for any damages incurred;
- abide by all local, provincial, and national laws and regulations that apply to Club operations;
- be an ambassador for the Club in the community and when a guest at other Clubs;
- wear appropriate clothing in the clubhouse including shoes and bathing suit cover-ups.
Members must conduct themselves in a courteous manner when social media discussions involve the Kelowna Yacht Club, showing respect for our Club, Members, guests, employees and community. Content that dishonestly represents itself as the official position of the Kelowna Yacht Club or uses any aspects of the Club’s visual identity or branding without authorization, or content that is disrespectful, dishonest, offensive, harassing or damaging to the interests, image and reputation of the Kelowna Yacht Club, its employees or its Members may, upon review by the Executive Committee, be considered conduct unbecoming a Member.
Any violation of the Club Bylaws, Regulations, Code of Conduct, or Policies will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and appropriate disciplinary action may occur in accordance with the Disciplinary Investigations and Proceedings policy.
Interaction with Club Management and Staff
Members must understand that:
- they have no authority to instruct Club staff on their duties or job performance;
- Club Management is solely responsible for instructing staff in the performance of their duties;
- Members shall not discipline or disrespect staff;
- Complaints and suggestions are to be made in writing to the Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors.